Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default More news the BBC and guardian will ignore...

Vir Campestris wrote:

Beautifully put. Thanks Brian!

What was totally lacking on the remain side was the courage (or even the
inclination?) to put forward the positive benefits, moral and political
as well as economic, of being part of the EU. Did they think the
population was so ground down by years of tabloid anti-EU propaganda
that none of us would believe them?

On 17/09/2019 18:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Both sides behaved despicable in the run up to the referendum, I know that
many EU citizens were extremely critical of the over simplistic ways the two
sides campaigned, in my view making fun of the electorate and not treating
us to the truth. There are many pros and cons and they made it seem like
some kind of no brain thing one way or the other, no wonder everybody was
perplexed.

--

Roger Hayter