rck

Default Advice on home repairs before selling?

I sure haven't had much luck with "professionals". One realtor who was the
head of the realtor ethics committee was in cahoots with his realtor friend.
Between the two of them they kept my house off the market for almost two
months because her son wanted to buy the house but couldn't get financing.
Next, I bought this place from a realtor. He owned it and listed it. The
unenclosed porches were listed as living space. The heat was listed as
electric. It was an electric plug-in space heater. There was no heating
system. When he moved out, he dumped all his trash and garbage in the back
yard. Repeated calls to the realtor's office (his boss) yielded no results.
I had to clean up the mess myself. Another realtor hid the fact that there
were liens on a property that I had made an offer on. He was really angry
that I did a title search without telling him. Then he told my attorney that
the title search was wrong and that I was obligated to buy. Another realtor
hid a Superior Court child support lien and also told me I had to buy. My
attorney threatened to sue and she agreed I could cancel the contract. She
needed the commission to pay for her son's wedding. Why pay a realtor a
commission to do nothing except steal from you? Save your money.
Bob

wrote in message
On 31 Mar 2004 00:08:32 GMT, "I-zheet M'drurz"

wrote:

Rileyesi wrote:

We are considering selling our house. There are some major
projects (i.e. putting a bedroom and additional bath in the
basement) and some minor prouects (i.e. calking, painting, etc.)
that we are considering doing to up the resale value of the
house.

I was wondering if there is an information source that I can
read to get advice on what should be done. In other words, what
should we focus on to get the biggest bang for our buck??

Kind of an open ended question, I realize, but if you don't ask
you don't get a "yes", I figure!

Just about any Realtor with a website, be they a local company or
a national "chain" will have some information about this. It's
written by professionals, the people who work with home buyers
and sellers every day of the year. Go there. Or trust a bunch
of well meaning but nonetheless uninformed anonymous folks on the
internet. Your choice.

Well, I guess he obviously can ignore you, then.

BB