Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Downsizing

On 9/15/2019 6:52 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: On Friday, September 13, 2019
at 5:08:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:

...snip...

Think multiple bases for different pieces of equipment. While these are
not large pieces, I my vice, grinder, hand miter box, bolted to a 2 X.
When I need the vice I pull it off the shelf and clamp it to my
workbench.

...snip...

You talked me into it. I've been trying to decide how to get my vice

out of
the way, so I just unbolted it from the workbench and bolted it to a

portable
base.

I can't imagine putting my bench vise on a portable stand unless it had
something like a semi-truck wheel filled with concrete for the bottom
base part. I do have a couple bench grinders mounted on a stand that
has a pickup truck wheel filled with concrete for a base. It works
pretty good. Been thinking about adding a side "shelf" on that same
stand for my 1x30 belt grinder.