Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Extending a cable with crimps

On 16/09/2019 18:09, Steve Walker wrote:
On 16/09/2019 16:48, Tricky Dicky wrote:
The present cable is only 4mm2 my preferred option is to pull a length
of new cable through using 6mm2 which I will also be using elsewhere.
The problem with accessibility is that the roof pitch is only 22° and
trussed and guess where the cable runs - a real test for claustropobia.

That's what children are for! Seriously, I suffer from arthritis and
crawling around is very painful and affects me for days, so my eldest
son gets sent under the floor or in other difficult to access places
when pulling cables.

I suffer from being too big, but have discovered that son can be bribed
to slip between joists and descend under floors etc! :-)

--
Cheers,

John.