Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default electric shortage and Acorn stairlift

In Clare Snyder writes:

[snip]

Scooters have 32Ah batteries in them.

_some_ do. There are quite a few different models
by numerous manufacturers (plus a gazillion number
of names they go under).

The last one I worked on had inserts/holders for two
12V lead acid batteries, and based on the physical size
format they were limited to a nominal (nameplate) of
about 20 AH.

(Don't get me started on how much outright lying
there is on those labels).

Note that depending on the scooter design, different
units can get you a lot more, or less, range than
the others using the same types of batteries.

Bit by bit we're transitioning to LiFe batteries,
which give a _lot_ more power and weigh a mere
fraction of the lead acids. But they're a hell of
a lot more expensive, and require rewiring the
charging circuits.