Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default electric shortage and Acorn stairlift

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:17:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , thinkin.outloud@smarty-
pants.edu says...

The scooters at Walmart run fatards up and down the snack food aisles all day long on a single charge.
A couple trips on a staircase doesn't seem much different.

It all depends on the size of the battery. The stair lift is made to
sell and make a profit for the company. The smaller the battery,the
more profit.

Where I worked there were battery powered pallet trucks. They would
haul a man and a load of 800 pounds for about 8 hours. The battery did
weigh in at about 500 pounds and was a lead acid type. I am sure there
is better batteries now as those were being made in the 1970's.

Still in common use today. Nickel and lithium batteries are lighter
and smaller (and more fragile and MUCH more expensive -) and lift
trucks require ballast anyway, so light weight is, if anything, a
disadvantage.
---