Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_Duffy[_2_] Mike_Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default Motion lights outside fault

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:33:05 -0400, Mickey F. wrote:

On 9/13/19 4:44 PM, LeeD2019 wrote:
Hi guys Im new here And thought i would ask for some help...
I had two outdoor motion lights fitted either side of my front door by a
qualified electrician these lights are (up and down lights) with the motion
detector fitted within the body of each light.. they worked fine for a few
months then all of a sudden it went wrong. They come on fine do not flicker...
stay on for the length of time I decided BUT.... just as they are about to go
off they start flashing ( they turn on and off again in quick succession) and
then turn off completely :/......Any ideas on how to fix this would be
perfect..
Thank you in advance! Lee

As a test, try some good old-fashioned incandescent bulbs.

LED bulbs, [...] often cause problems with dimmers and motion sensor devices.

CFL's can 'trigger' a false motion detection. The switch I use in my garden
shed does this with a CFL in its field of view.

And as LeeD2019 wrote, LED's present an impedance too high for the motion
detector circuit. I need to put at least a 40 W incandescent on my load or
the LEDs flicker.

What's wrong, simply that they flicker before they turn off? So what, as
long as they are ready to come on again when motion is again detected.

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm