Posted to uk.d-i-y
jeikppkywk jeikppkywk is offline

Default Hoping to de-modernise flat heating system.

"Tufnell Park" wrote in message
On 15/09/2019 08:09, Mike Halmarack wrote:
The previous occupants of my newly acquired electric only flat had the
night storage heaters removed.
They were replaced with these fairly insubstantial panel heaters from
Aldi.
"EasyHome Panel Heaters Model Number PH-ET07H"
https://www.aldi.co.uk/easy-home-wal...81567188621900

ATM I can't quite understand why this was done.
The flat still has the Economy 7, 2 rate meters
I don't know if this metering system is still operating in any valid
sense.

I also don't know if the flat's night storage circuitry has been
replaced or just utilized to supply these new heating panels.

Either way I'm hoping that I can reverse the process and get the night
storage system back without to much disruption and cost.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

I would just replace the Aldi panel heaters with higher output plug-in
ones say 2kW. Shouldn't cost more than £100.

Very expensive way to heat a house unless its super insulated
and even that is very expensive with an existing house/flat.

Air sourced heat pumps arent that expensive and much
cheaper to run, about a third of the running cost.