Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Downsizing

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 7:46:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:54:17 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

I don't have as much shop space any more, as my shop now has to share
duties with a garage.
So between a bandsaw, jointer, planer, RAS, table saw, and circular saw,
what tools can be combined to cover the basic operations we need to do?
Crosscut, rip, and maybe resaw. I'm not sure I trust my RAS to rip,
it's missing important pieces like the anti-kickback pawls.
Puckdropper

.. not in answer to your question - but f w i w :
A long time ago, and for ~ 10 years, my Craftsman 10 inch
radial arm saw was the only shop machine I owned.
I had no problem ripping full 2 inch softwood and hardwood.
.. no anti kickback - just a lot of care & consideration when
pushng it through. and a decent blade.
I'm not saying that it's a good choice for you to keep -
and it's not a good choice for ripping - but it can be done.

circular saw ? not sure why that is in your list of shop machines ?

If there is a seniors woodworking center available - you might
consider a membership - for the big professional shop machines -
with big professional dust collection -
- and concentrate on nice little "hand tools" for home ..
ie: router table ; table top belt sander sharpener !
John T.

Why does it have to be a *seniors* woodworking center?