Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Advice on home repairs before selling?

Rileyesi wrote:
We are considering selling our house. There are some major projects (i.e.
putting a bedroom and additional bath in the basement) and some minor prouects
(i.e. calking, painting, etc.) that we are considering doing to up the resale
value of the house.

I vote for the paint and caulking. Consider steam cleaning the carpets. I
doubt you'd get your money out of finishing the basement, though no doubt the
next owner would enjoy it.

Have you ever wondered why we generally finish all these projects right before
selling? We should get some use out of the improvements ourselves first!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com