Posted to uk.d-i-y
misterroy misterroy is offline

Default Potatoes storage - OT but maybe not

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 5:15:31 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 15/09/2019 10:36, wrote:
I have been buying potatoes from Morrisons and Tesco's over the last three or four years or so. Various ones, usually their own brand, wonky ones and sometimes Albert Bartlett ( which are more expensive but my favourites in may ways). The problem is that none of the store well. They sprout after a week.

I cant recall having had this problem in the past.

Now I am thinking of going back to getting a large 56lb bag from the local farmer who has set up business from his low larder/tractor in his field entrance close to the road where I live. I used to get large bags of potatoes from a farm a few years ago but the old lady who ran the farm passed away and the family stopped selling potatoes by the barn door.

The point....
Now I need somewhere to store a big bag of potatoes. I used to use a pantry in the kitchen but that went in re modelling a couple of years ago when I had a new freezer which I couldnt get in the kitchen and I was no longer using the pantry.

So, I need a store. Could I use one of those KeterBox type plastic storage boxes/ mini shed things that you can buy? Would it do the job? I am thinking of putting it on the small paved area outside my kitchen door ( and bringing in small amounts to store in a cupboard in the kitchen for convenience ( and not having to go out in the rain etc.).

Alternatively can someone suggest an alternative form of dry outside store ( smallish) I could use?

Store them in your cauldron?

--
Adam

coolbox? See if there is one that wont let rain in.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Insul...fsclp_pl_dp_13