Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Hoping to de-modernise flat heating system.

On 15/09/2019 12:11, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 01:11:06 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, 15 September 2019 08:50:52 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
And, you will also likely have to give them a peak electric supply as
well as the off-peak. Modern ones use 2 supplies to control them.
I don't know what this would mean in terms of work and cost.

Not that much if there is a nearby 13 amp socket which can be spurred from, and the flat electrics are up to some heating load on the socket circuits. I think the largest Quantum is 2kW load so you can get a couple on a 30A ring okay.

You may be able to get pre-LOT20 secondhand storage heaters cheaply if you can collect from nearby ebay/gumtree sellers.

Depends on how the metering is arranged - it's possible the supplier has turned off the E7 function on the meter and it's now supplying all circuits 24 hours at the same rate. A photo of the intake/meter/consumer units may provide further insight.

Owain

Thanks for all the info Owain.
Here's what I've managed to glean so far, including a bill from the
electrician.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/mp6g689a/

There are two separate 30amp fuses/mcbs for sockets.

How big is this flat ?.