Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Potatoes storage - OT but maybe not

was thinking very hard :
So, I need a store. Could I use one of those KeterBox type plastic storage
boxes/ mini shed things that you can buy? Would it do the job? I am
thinking of putting it on the small paved area outside my kitchen door ( and
bringing in small amounts to store in a cupboard in the kitchen for
convenience ( and not having to go out in the rain etc.).

We often buy them by the 56lb bag, but I just call the local farm shop
and they will deliver for £2 per delivery, so I buy spuds and bulk bags
of dog dried biscuit. Its not worth getting the car and and making the
trip for the £2 delivery I could save.

To keep, potatoes need a cool dark place to store them. I have a pantry
which is cool, with no windows and plenty of masonry to keep the
temperature down. I doubt a shed or shelter would work well, because of
the rapid temperature variations.