Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default What size DVDs will my CDROM cope with?

I thought 700mb was just the max on a CD,not a DVD.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
On 14/09/2019 13:26, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 14/09/2019 13:10, Broadback wrote:
It is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH245NSDO. I have 700MB ones, but these are not
large enough to make a Boot-able recovery disc with Acronis. so what are
the larges capacity DVDs that this drive will work with please?

https://www.ecma-international.org/p...T/Ecma-267.pdf

Page 11

"The disk shall have an overall diameter
d1 = 120,00 mm ± 0,30 mm "

:-p

Seriously, Single layer 4.7GB DVD-R should be sufficient, Acronis will
request additional disks if you backup extends above.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD

Many thanks for the information.