Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How Easily Does Your Vise Move

On 9/14/2019 10:16 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
On 9/14/2019 8:27 AM, Bob La Londe wrote: On 9/14/2019 7:48 AM, Jim
Wilkins wrote: "Bob La Londe"
wrote in message

I'd love to have a CNC lathe, but the cost for something
decent
always makes me think twice. Also the electrical budget in my
shop
is very tight. Not money, but amps. I just have a single
phase 100
amp sub panel feeding the whole shop. I often find myself
adding up
what's running in my head and guesstimating how close I might
be to
tripping the main if I start just one more machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Current-Amper...7HAPRPWAS9J6QY

I wired the PZEM-061 version into an outlet strip so I can stay
within
the limit of my solar battery inverter.

Oh, great. Another project to put on the long list. LOL

That one is easy, power it with 120VAC and clip the CT around one
input leg to just read the current.

Well, I do have a 120V outlet next to the panel, but the panel is on the
outside of the building, and the sun here is absolutely brutal. There
is a reason there are materials tests sites out here in the desert.