Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Downsizing

Leon wrote:

On 9/13/2019 10:54 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
I don't have as much shop space any more, as my shop now has to share
duties with a garage.

So between a bandsaw, jointer, planer, RAS, table saw, and circular saw,
what tools can be combined to cover the basic operations we need to do?
Crosscut, rip, and maybe resaw. I'm not sure I trust my RAS to rip,
it's missing important pieces like the anti-kickback pawls.

Puckdropper

If everything is on mobile bases you may not need to scale down.
I used to have a washer and dry er, my wife's car, water heater,
compressor, large TS, Large BS, jointer, router table, dust collector,
15" planer, 22-44 Drum sander, Oscillating spindle sander, 12"Disk
sander, 2 full sized tool chests, Drill Press, Trash bin, Lathe, Large
fire proof 4 drawer file cabinet and a lot of Festool stuff. Oh and a
5'long work bench. Lots of cabinets and drawers. That was in a two car
garage.

Good point. Right now, I've got the tools stored where they've been
safe for many years so I'm just trying to keep things out of the garage
in the short term so I can make it a nice space to work. The fewer
things out there, the better!

Puckdropper