Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How Easily Does Your Vise Move

On 9/14/2019 8:27 AM, Bob La Londe wrote: On 9/14/2019 7:48 AM, Jim
Wilkins wrote: "Bob La Londe"
wrote in message

I'd love to have a CNC lathe, but the cost for something decent
always makes me think twice. Also the electrical budget in my shop
is very tight. Not money, but amps. I just have a single phase 100
amp sub panel feeding the whole shop. I often find myself adding up
what's running in my head and guesstimating how close I might be to
tripping the main if I start just one more machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Current-Amper...7HAPRPWAS9J6QY

I wired the PZEM-061 version into an outlet strip so I can stay within
the limit of my solar battery inverter.

Oh, great. Another project to put on the long list. LOL

Actually I have considered another idea. We get a LOT of sun here. I
could easily put 20KW (maybe 30) of solar on the roof of my shop to
supplement the available electrical budget during the day time. I do
work into the evening, but usually only have or one two machines running
as I am finishing up things before dinner. Then I could even air
condition the shop instead of just the office. All it takes is money.