Default Attic mold issue revisited - 105 degree attic temperature today

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:32:51 GMT, someone wrote:

While I still think it's possible the mold growing on my attic ceiling on
the roof sheathing may stukk be a special case scenario, such as snow
sitting on the roof on a winter day...

I am not understanding how snow sitting on the roof causes this. Snow
sits on EVERYONE'S roof in the winter. Why is that special?

The reason is because my attic's internal temperature, as measured near the
attic's ridge, was 105 degrees today. Today, in the northeast, it's a
perfectly sunny day. Outside, the temperature is only 62 degree in the
shade....

That's whack. Of course the attice temp is not gonna be "exactly" the
outside temp, but that's a lot for a 62 degree day.

Vent NOW, then fart around with your speculations afterwards.

-v.