Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Looking for info on this timeswitch

On 14/09/2019 12:20, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 04:11:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, 14 September 2019 07:39:44 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
https://postimg.cc/WqRBBYN6

There's no model number as far as I can see in its cramped location.
I don't have a clue what all the buttons switches and dials do.
Any info would be much appreciated.

The only other bit of info to add is that when you have more pins than you want switching events, put the spare pins where they won't switch. Eg put them in the off ring after it's already switched off by a previous pin.

FWIW I think these are the best of the various timer types. All types have their compromises, with these it's half hourly switching at closest & risk of losing pins. And finite number of pins. You can of course use them as rundown timers too.

I assume someone mentioned you turn the dial to set the time. It only goes one way.

NT

Thanks. I'm really starting to get comfortable with this now.

The only problem with them is that the little plastic worm gear wears
out and they stop going around.
You can sometimes fix it by moving the worm a mm or two on its shaft.
I have cannibalised a cheaper plug in one to fit the worm into a boiler
timer in the past when the worm had worn too much.

they do last a long time though I only did it once in the thirty odd
years I used the boiler.