Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for info on this timeswitch

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:45:24 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 14/09/2019 08:54, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 07:49:58 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 14/09/19 07:39, Mike Halmarack wrote:

https://postimg.cc/WqRBBYN6

There's no model number as far as I can see in its cramped location.
I don't have a clue what all the buttons switches and dials do.
Any info would be much appreciated.

It's an immersion heater timer. There are slight differences as your is
an older model, but it is basically this timer:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMTS900.html
The instruction sheet can be downloaded at the same page.

If you search for Smiths immersion heater timer you might even find info
on your model.

Very useful link and download, thanks.
Didn't find the exact pdf on the Timeguard site but came pretty close.

I have the later 'digital' version, which was 'made in england'
and never goes wrong, whereas the 13amp plug-in electronic
Smith timer that I use to run my fridge has to be plugged into
an old BT surge protector (ex exchange) otherwise it loses
all its settings randomely every 24-36 hours.

The latter timer is 'made in china'.

My immersion heater timer (not plug in) is telling me nowt.
Neither model name, number or origin. I'm quite hopeful that it's now
working correctly though.
--

Mike

---