Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default Looking for info on this timeswitch

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:38:11 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 14/09/2019 10:37, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 02:15:03 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, 14 September 2019 07:39:44 UTC+1, Mike Halmarack wrote:
There's no model number as far as I can see in its cramped location.
I don't have a clue what all the buttons switches and dials do.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Don't take it apart to see how it works inside.

I tried that once.

Minimum on-off time is half an hour.

Let me know here if you need any more spare setting pins as I have loads.

Smiths Industries Ltd goes back 1967, but originally founded in 1851 as a clockmaker. Definately pre-PDF!

Owain

INow you mention it, this place was built in the early to mid
seventies. So pre PDF for sure. I would never have thought of that if
it hadn't been pointed out.

But some manufacturers put online scans of manuals etc that pre-date
PDFs by a long march. Eg I downloaded last year from Singer a manual
from the 1960s for someone's sewing machine.

I've got a pretty clear idea now, thanks to helpful responses to my
intial post. I'd like to search further for the sake of it but I can't
see a serial number anywhere and I've done a lot of searching by image
without scoring any direct hits.
--

Mike

---