Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Looking for info on this timeswitch

On 14/09/2019 08:57, Mike Halmarack wrote:
On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 08:05:12 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 07:39:53 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

https://postimg.cc/WqRBBYN6

There's no model number as far as I can see in its cramped location.
I don't have a clue what all the buttons switches and dials do.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Those little round silver things are the heads of pins that you put
into the holes around the rim to switch a device on or off; they're
not buttons. There are six pins in total, two around the rim and four
spare in the centre, waiting to be used if you need them. You pull
them out of their holes and reposition them as needed. The rim can be
turned to set the clock to the correct time by the milled edge on the
right hand side. The little red button is an over-ride switch - it
moves up and down by a small amount. It's usually not possible to
operate the over-ride switch when the clock is about to turn on or off
under the control of the pins.

I really should be able to make some headway with the detailed info
I've received. Thanks

Don't drop the pins, they disappear into carpet ...

These timers regularly appear at boot sales as people chuck out
hot water cylinders in favour of combis.