Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Motion lights outside fault

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:44:02 +0000, LeeD2019
m wrote:

Hi guys I’m new here And thought i would ask for some help...

I had two outdoor motion lights fitted either side of my front door by a
qualified electrician these lights are (up and down lights) with the motion
detector fitted within the body of each light.. they worked fine for a few
months then all of a sudden it went wrong. They come on fine do not flicker...
stay on for the length of time I decided BUT.... just as they are about to go
off they start flashing ( they turn on and off again in quick succession) and
then turn off completely :/......Any ideas on how to fix this would be
perfect..

Thank you in advance!
Lee

V. interesting, since my front door light started doing the same thing
about a week ago. After 2 years of working fine.

Mine is not on a timer, just a wall switch, a motion detector, and a
ligth detector, and it has two possible On settings. One that it's on
all the time and the other if it's dark out and someone comes near, it
goes on. Usig the on/off switch in the right way determines which on
setting it is, and this is complicated by another light where the
instructions are opposite, so I can never remember which is which.

Power failures are rare, but even a short one can make it switch modes.

So now it flashes 3 times and then goes off. But sometimes being off
is just a prequel to being on. Yesterday I went out and when I came back
it was still off and didn't go on when I walked up the sidewalk.

Have to do some more testing.

Hmm. Your problems sounds trivial compared to mine. But it's still an
interesting coincidence.