Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default three Romex sets in ceiling box

In article ,
says...

There were always some kids in school who hated word problems. Maybe
arithmetic was hard enough without having to think too.

But in the beginning, word problems really throw you a curve, at least
they did for me. You understand equations, solving them, but then
when you have to come up with the actual equations for something like
the train example, when you're first exposed to it, it's like starting
all over. The only similar experience was probability and statistics,
which is worse. It's deja vu all over again. You know the various
formulas for probablility too, but trying to figure out which ones
to use, how to approach a problem, that's another thing.

I had all A's in high school math. However those train problems always
seem to throw me for some reason. Most other word problems were
relative easy.

English and history were just barely passed, science and math were easy.
I hated the stories we had to read, but could diagram almost any
sentence with no problem. History had too many names and dates for me
to remember. I am more of a thinker than one that has a good memory. I
also seemed to have a big problem remembering the formular to convert
deg F to deg C. Very easy to work out, but I seemed to always add or
devide when I should subtract or multiply.

---