Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Motion lights outside fault

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 4:54:45 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/13/2019 4:44 PM, LeeD2019 wrote:
Hi guys Im new here And thought i would ask for some help...
I had two outdoor motion lights fitted either side of my front door by a
qualified electrician these lights are (up and down lights) with the motion
detector fitted within the body of each light.. they worked fine for a few
months then all of a sudden it went wrong. They come on fine do not
flicker...
stay on for the length of time I decided BUT.... just as they are about
to go
off they start flashing ( they turn on and off again in quick
succession) and
then turn off completely :/......Any ideas on how to fix this would be
perfect..
Thank you in advance! Lee

Sounds like defective sensors. Still under warranty? Most are cheap
and not repairable.

Alternatively, is it really a problem? Sounds like they work, just flicker
before going off. If they just flicker for a few seconds, does it matter?
Could try removing the power to reset them, but they are probably on a
switch and that's already been done.