Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default three Romex sets in ceiling box

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:17:13 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 9/12/19 7:31 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Not sure how 4 or 8 phase would even work, electrically as I suspect
half of the phases would duplicate each other - - - - - -

Why should they duplicate each outer? 2 phases don't, the same way 120
and -120 aren't even close to being the same number. Foe them to APPEAR
duplicated, you'd have to be using an inconsistent point of view.

If 8 phases are evenly distributed, they'll be 45 degrees apart.

--

I agree. It's another example of how you wind up wandering in the wilderness
when you don't approach things logically, methodically and consistently.

We can have as many phases as we want and they can be at whatever phase
angle we choose.