Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Photopolymer - what is it?

On Friday, 13 September 2019 18:08:59 UTC+1, Dave W wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 03:04:12 -0700 (PDT), Kal Ico
wrote:

We have come across a can of something labelled as 'Skytone Photyopolmer', which is made in Korea.

I assume it is the translation of a Photopolymer.

There is no other information with the can, other than a raft of quite severe warnings about how dangerous it is.

Anyone know what it is, in layman's terms and what it is used for within the DIY context?

TIA

Google leads me to believe it hardens under intense light, and used
to create 3D models or printing stamps under a programmed scanning
light source.

Yup, for a gloop type 3d printer. Should be saleable.
Polymer = plastic
photopolymer = hardened by light

NT