Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K... Jim K... is offline

Default New timer extract fan in bathroom... 3 pole isolation required?

ARW Wrote in message:
On 12/09/2019 21:08, Jim K... wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 11/09/2019 11:07, Tricky Dicky wrote:
I notice most bathroom fan isolators are installed above the entrance. As my intention is to fit an inline fan in the loft is it acceptable to place the isolator beside the unit, it is just to avoid more wall chasing in an awkward place?

In your case next to the fan in the loft would be the preferred choice.

In fact I fitted on just inside a loft hatch a couple of months ago in a
HMO for a wall mounted fan. This was a super quiet all time trickle with
boost when the lights go on.

The owner did want the Polish and Moldavians messing with it.

Are they scared of lofts?

They do not have step ladders.

Ah! Jobs a good un then!
--