m Ransley

Default Power cost of idle electric water heater

Well Phil your calculations on tankless vs tank are not quite accurate.
You also forgot that Tanks unless flushed regularly loose efficiency
every year. I just had a tank replaced in a bldg it had over One Foot
of scale- crap in it after 17 yrs. Now that reduced efficiency apx 20
-25 % . Also buildup scale Hard scale cant be avoided in tanks. Tanks
only go down in efficiency , Tankless don't have these problems , they
don't scale. they remain at their rated as long as the burner is clean.
and last 2 to 3 x longer.

For figures on savings you are wrong. I know people that say the same
as me 25- 50 % in costs of operation. saving 15 - 40 a month.
There are allot of people with tankless , they are how you should base
your opinions. Real world everyday use. Not guesstimates.