Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default For those who 'get' the internet/networking

Yes the only way to prove the point is to move the computer down the road
assuming its the same isp and see what occurs there. It sounds like a router
issue to me, but why now? Maybe the sites have recently implimented some
extra security. Do you have an add blocker, turn it off.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:05:54 +0100, R D S wrote:

On 03/12/2018 15:47, R D S wrote:
I've 80mb fibre at my workplace, and I get almost full speed.

But it gets slower and slower over the course of several days to the
point of unusability, then I reboot the router and it's flying again.

What would cause this? Stuff beyond my control, or is it possible it's
my gear?

So I got a Draytek 2860 and all has been relatively well. A much better
internet/printing experience.

Ongoing though, and this week in particular i'm having a royal PIA
logging onto Lloyds banking. Par? I don't know, it has been *really*
bad.

Have you updated the firmware in the 2860? I got one quite early on and
there were some glaring problems (it wouldn't pass stuff out from port 53
even if the firewall was turned off, for example).

Other than that, check the settings very carefully.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org