Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Majority fear mass shooting in their community: poll

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 08:58:18 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 11:48:01 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
You'd think that would be already going on, but sadly last time I looked,
the stats on that were stunning. It was something like out of 90,000
failing the background check, only 50 or so were prosecuted. The overwhelming
number of fails have to be because of felony records. So, a felon tries to
buy a gun, a crime, and the feds ignore it. That;s an example where the
gun rights people are right, there are laws we already have that are not
being enforced.

Exectally. It is time for the police or whatever agency is in charge to
do their job or be fired and replaced.

AFAIK, nothing much really happens. IDK who's charter it is, ATF maybe.
But from all I've seen, you try to buy a gun, you fail, which in probably
90%+ of the cases it's because you have a felony record, and nothing
apparently happens. That is something that Trump could lobby for and fix.

It should certainly be a parole violation if this was a serious crime
but I doubt those kind of guys are going into gun stores because they
have too much to lose. The Odessa guy got probation before judgement
and the charges were dropped after he did his probation. I bet he
thought he was OK. He probably didn't know his mental adjudication
would pop on the instant check.

I have no probelm with a backgound check if it is done and completed
like is required in 3 days or less.

You're not going to do a reasonable background check in just 3 days.
What's the big rush?

Do you really think a guy is going to submit a 4473 for an illegally
manufactured gun? Get real here. We are still waiting for details but
the last story I heard was the gun itself was illegal. I am curious
what happened tho. For all we know the Lubbock guy had nothing to do
with this and the ATF was just looking for a good excuse to raid him
for unrelated charges. You know damn good and well if you tell a judge
this guy may have had something to do with a mass shooting, you will
get your warrant. The silence is deafening tho. It must not be that
much of a slam dunk or we would be seeing charges by now.