Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Solar payments not as promised:(

On 10/09/2019 17:43, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 September 2019 16:30:46 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 10/09/2019 15:56, Jonathan wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 September 2019 11:08:04 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 9 September 2019 16:22:39 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Monday, 9 September 2019 11:48:02 UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49566130
--

None of these stories says how big the array is so it's hard to comment.
The picture looks like around 2Kw,

My first 4Kw array cost £14,000 and generates £2000/year so it's paid for itself recently.
My newer array was £6000 but only generates £500/year.

why such a difference ?
If £14K gives you £2k per year = £7k = £1k per year
then why does £6k = £500 per year

has the sun become less bright over the last few years or is it global warming ?

I have near perfect orientation. Someone who hasn't might get a lot less.

So if the arrays are differnt what is this difference ?

Generation tariffs have reduced significantly over the past ten years. We spent £20K on ours about 10 years ago and get a bit over £1K pa but we are paid 54.17p per unit generated and an extra 3.82p for allegedly exporting 50% of them. I must say that I didn't notice a reduction in our electricity bills when we had them installed but most of the power is generated in the afternoon when we don't use much.

Jonathan

A BIG question is what happens when the panels are 25+ years old ?.
Wventually they will head for landfill, but because of the cadmium
and other nasties they contain, they might by that time be classofied as
dangerous waste, like asbestos.

You might possibly discover that removal by a licensed waste
contractor wipes out most if not all the 'profit' you have made.

Cue the PPI firms -

"did you spend £18K on solar panels but not told of the expensive
disposal costs ?. Phone 0800-line-our-pockets to get Compo"

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...d-solar-panels

In seven years I have detected no change in the output.

You will when they are end-of-life.