Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT If schools

On Monday, 9 September 2019 14:30:23 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 9 September 2019 07:22:25 UTC+1, soup wrote:
On 08/09/2019 23:38, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 8 September 2019 12:59:36 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Or you could let the boys wear skirts if they want to. ;-)

There was a case where it happened en masse in response to some overly petty uniform rule changes.

In Australia it was

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...uniform-policy

Seems weird but OK, but then I am a Jock so the sight of a male in
a 'skirt' is not so offensive in my eyes. :O) And as a modern human
being I say let 'them' wear what they like as long as it is clean, in
good repair, legal etc .

I've never had much time for the whole uniform thing, seems petty &
pointless. None of 'my' schools had uniforms & it was never a problem.

One idea was it stopped kids being identified as coming from rich or poor
families by what they wore.

which is rather pointless

And a uniform gives an identity to all. Would
you allow an army to wear what they chose?

very different situation.

NT