Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_13_] michael adams[_13_] is offline

Default evo-stik timebond repositionable ?

"michael adams" mjadams25@ukonline wrote in message
o.uk...

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
I liked the idea of an adjustable contact adhesive. But some tins of timebond say
instant, and some say adjustable. Are they the same product ?
I would have thought "timebond" implies the adjustable nature.

I have to fix worktop end strips and normal contact adhesive, if I get it out of line
I have had it ! A few seconds to line up would be perfect.

Simon.

End strips are normally oversize both as to length and height. You don't say if you
have clamps available. But one method is to clamp an overhanging guide strip
of say 6mm ply to one side and to one end of the worktop and use these as a way of
positioning the strip as you mate it up with the edge. If you're not too confident
about trimming the strips to size afterwards then have the overhanging guide
strip against the top edge - which will show afterwards, And the guide strip for the
end at the front. If you don't have clamps double sided tape would suffice.

michael adams

Just remebered another dodge. Position the strip on the edge and
stick one side down using Duct tape or similar. Basically you're
making a Duct tape hinge so keep it all tight as you stick it
down maybe with supporting strips. Open it up a few times to make
sure its properly aligned. Then open it up spread the adhesive
thinly on both surfaces but keeping clear of the duct tape,
allow the adhesive to dry and then close it up again.

michael adams