Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT If schools

On Monday, 9 September 2019 15:57:42 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
One idea was it stopped kids being identified as coming from rich or poor
families by what they wore. And a uniform gives an identity to all.

While I can agree with that and definitely support having uniforms, it
used to be sufficient to have the school tie and a badge to sew onto
your blazer. Now it requires school blazer (not just badge), tie, a
couple of pull-overs, waterproof, PE bag, shorts, top, hoodie,
track-suit - all logoed and all bought from one of only two suppliers to
the school. The cost is way over what you'd pay for equivalent Tesco
items and they soon grow out of them.

Assuming you can buy the correct colour blazer (etc) from Tesco or
whatever, swap over the badges when they need a new one? This is after all
a DIY group. ;-)

You could if it were allowed. We have the same problems with graduation gowns.
These are only hired for about 1 hour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ts-due-toanti/

--
*Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.