Posted to alt.home.repair
Grace[_4_] Grace[_4_] is offline

Default Extra long leveling legs for a stove?

replying to George E. Cawthon, Grace wrote:
We needed to raise our stove 4 inches above the tile floor because the gas
pipe was installed through the concrete slab and our plumber could only reduce
the protrusion to 4 inches above the slab. So we purchased an 8 foot fir 6 x 4
at Home Depot and had HD cut it into 2 side rails and 1 front connector
inserted and booed between the two side rails. We are both 58. The stove
went in perfectly, looks great and we find the height ergonomic. Yes, the
counter top on the left is 4 inches lower, but its no problem. Amazon sells
a set of silicone strips designed too fill the gap at counter level. (I
designed this solution after a local handyman quoted us $700 to build a
platform. Outrageous, but this is the west side of Los Angeles where our many
home owners seem price indifferent. However, we dont like to be ripped off.)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tove-8198-.htm