Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 19:29:32 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 12:33:23 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

micky writes:

I had a back pain, saw an orthopedist, he probably mentioned ibuprofin
or some thing.

I had back pain, saw an orthopedist, he took x-rays, told me
I had some arthritis. That was more than 20 years ago.

Soon after I put in a patio and deck, started running, swimming,
and now visit the gym regularly.

No pain since the patio and deck. A few months from turning 74.

There is a miracle cure, it's called hard work.

Oh, yeah, don't overeat. If you go to a restaurant and finish
the meal, you are overeating.

You seem to be saying that it was more the exercise than the weight??

My weight has always been reasonable. My lifetime high was 187, now I'm
170. To give that context, I'm 5'8".

My comment about weight was directed to the average fatty I see walking around.
Seems to me, if you exercise more but still weigh in at 250, you're
likely to have pain.

In my case I attribute the aches and pains going away to being more active.

And that even if your weight had been right, without the exercise, you
think you'd still have the back pain??

My weight wasn't too bad, I just got lazy.
I would walk, but wouldn't run because my feet hurt.
Funny, I started running and my feet stopped hurting.

Unrelated to weight -- in fact it was 45 years ago and my weight was
fine -- but one day when traveling around the Netherlands, camping at
the outdoor ice-skating rinks, I woke up in the morning and one foot
hurt so bad I couldn't walk. I don't know why. I killed time in the
tent as much as I could but it was my last full day and I didn't want to
waste it. By 11, I took my towel and ripped out part of it to cushion
my foot (though there wasn't much room in the shoe) and then I limped
out for the day, while it hurt.

I don't know when it stopped hurting but the next morning everything was
fine. I thought it would be worse.

On anoher occasion when I was in my 40's, I skidded on the ice and even
with the seatbelt, my body slid under it and my knee broke the plastic
lower dashboard. Next morning, I woke up and that knee wouldn't bend
and wouldn't straighten. I'd think "Straighten" but nothing would
happen. I could use my hands to straighen it so I could go to the
bathroom and then I went back to bed and used my hands to bend it to the
usual bed position. I poked at it everywhere and nowhere did it hurt
at all but it wouldn't work. I think I stayed home that day and the
next day everthing was fine.

My gym has a scale that measures body fat, in 8 months I've gone from
21% to 17%.

Sorry to be preaching, it's an affliction that most exercisers develop.

You're not preaching. I asked.