Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default OT Big increase in the number of drugstores

Clare Snyder writes:

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 07:50:53 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
...who ought to be smart enough to shop at the big boxes most of the
time rather than pay drug store chains' jacked up prices...

My insurance co-pay is the same wherever I get a prescription filled.

Same with my insurance.

However some is not on the formulary and not covered by the insurance.
Then it is time to shop around and look into the Good Rx web site.
Sometimes the doctor can put in a special request to the insurance
company and get the price lowered somewhat.

My insurance has an arrangement with a particular pharmacy that saves
me considerably on the "co-pay" if I use that pharmacy - it is a
nation-wide "online" pharmacy.

My insurance has a mail order facility.
I take 2 medications to lower cholesterol.
Both free. Plus I get 90 days worth instead of 30 at a time.
The mail order stuff if available is worth looking into.

--
Dan Espen