Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 08/09/2019 22:39, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/09/2019 10:29, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Steve Walker
writes
On 08/09/2019 07:10, Stephen Cole wrote:

Whats the point of all of this, Brian? What do you people genuinely
believe were going to gain from all this upheaval and madness?

Freedom to make our own choices, set our own laws, hold our own
government to account for allowing large numbers of immigrants
overloading already limited resources and infrastructure, reduce the
downward pressure on low-end wages.

We don't seem to have any difficulties setting our own laws. Hasn't
Parliament has just set one (subject to Royal assent on Monday)?

Can we decide on whether we want tracking in our new vehicles? Expensive
safety systems that make only a little difference to safety, but render
vehicles uneconomic to repair after only slight damage?

Probably not as it will be uneconomicto produce many variants and get them
through the approvals with fundementally differen designs. Its one thing
swapping an engine or a few body panels, its something else to build a new
car from the ground up.

To reduce or raise import tariffs on certain goods?

Probably, but it depends. Others can raise disputes if they think we are
abussing the WTO system.

At what level VAT should be set?

The UK government has set the VAT rates on everything.
The EU just has a rule that says you can't put VAT on something and then
take it off willynilly.

Whether any VAT is due on particular goods?

The UK government negotiated what we were putting VAT on.
It was the UK government that put VAT on electricity and gas not the EU.

To control immigration?

We might be able to, we can now for immigrants but don't

The UK does actually.

and they are about 60% of the net migration into the UK.