Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 09/09/2019 14:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 09/09/2019 12:54, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Norman Wells
wrote:

On 09/09/2019 11:53, michael adams wrote:

The Govt are falling over themselves to publish the "good news" -
hurrah
we're going to abolish tarriffs on imports so everything is going
to be
cheaper

No, what it's said is that there won't be tariffs applied to 83% of
all the goods we import.

But are strangely silent on the tarriffs the RoW may impose on our
exports
which may render them uncompeteive.Â* Don't you worry your pretty
little
heads about those - or look them up if you can find out where to look.

Exporters have to at the moment for exports to anywhere outside the
EU. One assumes they're big enough and ugly enough to do it, and
don't need their hands holding all the time.Â* They're supposed to be
businessmen for goodness sake.Â* It goes with the territory.

Adams is a dimwit, eh? Only a thickie like him would be unable to
comprehend that such tariffs are already being imposed on goods sold to
RoW. What's so hard about that, eh? Answer, it isn't. So one must
assume he has another agenda. Gosh, I wonder what that could be.

Shame the EU has trade deals with 50 counties and is negotiating with
72 more that the UK won't be a part of. So we aren't currently putting
tariffs on the RoW, just some of it.

We're not talking about inbound tariffs, Den, we're talking about
outbound ones. Do keep up.

So its stupid, trade deals are bidirectional.