Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Rambo Rambo is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 17:58:45 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 09/09/2019 17:40, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/09/2019 23:24, Brian Reay wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/09/2019 23:00, Norman Wells wrote:
On 08/09/2019 22:50, Steve Walker wrote:

The problem with chlorinated chicken is simply that it is used to
"hide" the poor animal welfare, sanitary controls and transportation
of "some" suppliers, all leading to far higher levels of contamination
than in the EU.

That used to be the explanation for curry too, didn't it?

I don't recall there was any foundation for that either.

*From the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health:

"US chicken has been banned in the EU since 1997 because of this
chlorine washing process. While the chlorine isn’t toxic at the levels
being used, US processing plants rely solely on it because their other
hygiene standards are so poor. EU rules dictate that food manufacturers
should focus on overall hygiene to eliminate microorganisms, instead of
using a single chemical decontamination step."

"Recent studies have proved this process to be entirely ineffective in
reducing the presence or virulence of bacteria ... This might account
for why the rate of food poisoning in the US is approximately 10 times
higher than in the UK."

SteveW

Oh dear, you will upset someone by quoting facts.

No reason to. I am a leaver, but don't want poor animal welfare
standards or contaminated food.

I agree.

I've no time for those who mistreat animals and like / appreciate
quality food.

There is a lot of nonsense spouted about food standards, animal welfare
etc. I make a point of eating quality food, serving it to my family etc.
I'd have no issue with eating or serving chlorine washed chicken.

So why are you so bleeding fat???

(It is common practice to wash vegetables and salad etc in a solution
containing chlorine. Lots of people do it. One product is wildly sold
in Boots etc under the trade name Milton. It is also used so sterilise
baby's bottles, water tanks in motorhomes,....)

Wow ..really ???