Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Sincere question with landmines

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 12:23:29 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:45:16 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Sep 2019 11:28:33 -0400, micky
wrote:

I hate to bring up a subject loaded with landmines, but alas,
I can't think of who else to ask. A popular position on abortion . .

usenet groups exist and are active for your topic :
alt.abortion
alt.abortion.inequity
Good luck with your discourses ...
John T.

I'm not sure but I think I asked this question at the first of these
groups years ago and got nowhere. IIRC, they ignored the question and
harangued me something like Trader just did. So I thought passions
might run lower here.

Harangued? You said:

'I certainly understand an exception for rape. The girl or woman didn't
do anything to cause the pregnancy and who wants to give birth to the
child of a rapist."

That position is totally illogical, and it should be especially illogical
for those that oppose abortion, that write the laws with the exception.
It says essentially that the inconvenience, that it would be uncomfortable
to have to give birth to the baby of a rapist, justifies killing it.
The unborn baby didn't do anything to cause the situation either.

All I did is point that out, silly snowflake lib.