Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar payments not as promised:(

On 09/09/2019 14:39, Andrew wrote:
On 09/09/2019 12:43, alan_m wrote:
On 09/09/2019 12:08, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , tony sayer
wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49566130

Gosh, I'm astonished. Anyone else astonished?

I suspect the same is going on with air sourced heat pumps for
domestic heating and hot water.

No. Of all the green **** I have analysefd a few things made sense.

Ground and to an extent air sourced heat pumps would, if run off
nukes, be cheaper than oil and comparable with gas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJr_oPXRYl0

It is not clear either that that house was being heated by an air source
heat pump (they talkked abiut heat recivery ventilation) or that it was
correctly installed. Normally on new builds there is massive insulation,
and underfloor heating - you need extremely large areas of 'radiator' to
utilise the rather low grade heat from a heat pump.

If that famiy had an inadequate heat pump output or inadequate radiator
area so they had to use immersion heating to get te temeperiures up, teh
coist will treble. Alreday hot water needs to be boosted to 60C as that
is generally outside the limits of an air sourced pump

I repeat. done *properly* heat pumps should be similar in cost to gas.

I nearly put in ground source here but I would have needed far more
pipes in the UFH downstairs and it would have been impossible to utilise
teh existing upstairs heating at all.

More pumped storage would be worth building at a few sites in scotland,

LED bulbs were actually worth having.

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius