Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

Article 50 rules, which are subject to EU law, state that the decision
on whether or not to request any extension rests solely with the
Executive, i.e. the PM in our case.

So EU Law determines that the Executive in our case has to be the PM
does it ?

(Not having read article 50 myself, to me the giveaway in your
explanation there is the understandable lack of any specific
mention of "Prime Minister" or similar. As in a Court
of Law I very much doubt phrases, such as "i.e.", in other words
unwarranted assumptions a party hopes to gloss over will
actually cut much ice.

Quite possibly your legal advisor has told you different - well
to coin an old phrase "he would [do] wouldn't he" as he trousers
his fee,

Or are you seriously suggesting that there's a big EU Rule book
which specifies the unchanging Constitutional arrangements
both written and unwritten, which must be maintained and adhered
to, by each ,member State in Perpetuity ?

Your legal advisor didn't happen to mention that one, did he ?

Don't tell me. You've already paid him 50K up front.

michael adams