Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 08/09/2019 22:39, Steve Walker wrote:

snip

Yes we can make our own laws - but only if they don't contradict EU laws
or no EU country feels that that law affects their companies more than
others. Look at the ridiculous case of Scotland and now Wales wanting to
introduce a minimum per unit price for alcohol and it being held up as a
number of countries contest it as a restriction of trade.

As an aside I never understood the idea. Why not increase duty to raise
the minimum price rather than increase supermarket profit margins?