Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default BoJo a million miles out of his depth

On 08/09/2019 19:57, michael adams wrote:
"tim..." wrote in message ...

but they can't live or work here once they get here, because employers/landlords are
supposed to check their eligibility

So that seems to be one of the *actual* reasons for people
voting for Brexit, blown to smithereens in one sentence.

Have you told many other people about this ?

Why is it blown to smithereens? Checks are made now and have been for
some years. As a contractor who moves around various clients and through
various agencies, I am asked to prove my right to work in the UK every time.

At the moment, before Brexit, any EU national *does* have the right to
work here, once out, new arrivals will need permission and so numbers
become controlled.

SteveW