Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains smoke alarms - cheep every few days

On 08/09/2019 14:10, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 13:56:41 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 08/09/2019 13:20, alan_m wrote:
On 08/09/2019 12:20, David wrote:
Every few days (I think) one or both of the mains smoke alarms cheep
once.

On line search suggests that low battery should cause a regular cheep
(already experienced that and changed the battery).

End of life warning?

Assuming that the OP has replaced the batteries with the correct ones I
would suggest that a detector has now failed and is not correctly
registering the batteries voltage.

As we have no idea of the make and model number of the detectors all we
can do is guess.

Do 'mains smoke alarms' have batteries?

yes.

Essentilly on very low trickle charge all the time. AIUI

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain