Alan McKay

Default jacking a house

I was at a home show in Knoxville last month and there was a guy there who
had a company that did both slab-jacking AND foundation raising. They dig
around the existing foundation, attach large pieces of angle plate to it,
drive anchors deep into the ground, that attach a jacking mechanism. When
they get the whole thing where they want it, they bore a few holes and pump
concrete into the void left under the slab to support it. I assume they
then remove the mechanisms, but maybe they are left in place. I didn't get

I don't think they'll be jacking my stone basement like that ... especially since
part of the floor is bedrock ;-)