Michael Baugh

Default Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation?

1-800-ROOFING for Owens-Corning to discuss issues, Such as that most any
roofing materials supplier will not give a warantee unless you have a
minimum of one square foot of vent opening per 300 square feet of interior
roof volume. And that's the minimum, twice that is recommended.

Jay Chan wrote in message
om...
Thanks for all the responses that I got here.

Seem like I must find a way to vent the roof before I put too much
money on replacing the cover of the roof. Otherwise, I may be back to
square-one very soon.

Looking for a new house is also a good idea. But we prefer to stay in
this area because the property tax is low (relative to other
surrounding areas). Unfortunately, the houses around here are quite
highly priced. This means we will have to find a way to pay for a new
house while still paying for the mortgage of the current house. The
financial arrangement is kind of tough to do.

I will do the following:

- Go to web sites suggested by newsgroup members to see the issues
related to low pitch roof or unventilated roof to see how pressing the
problem is, and to see if the low pitch roof can be ventilated or not.
If this is not a pressing issue (like in the case when the roof still
has 10 more years left or something like that).

- If this is truely a pressing issue, I will ask some general
remodeling contractors to get quote on adding ventilation in
additional to replacing the roof.

Thanks for the info and advices.

Jay Chan