Default jacking a house

I was at a home show in Knoxville last month and there was a guy there who
had a company that did both slab-jacking AND foundation raising. They dig
around the existing foundation, attach large pieces of angle plate to it,
drive anchors deep into the ground, that attach a jacking mechanism. When
they get the whole thing where they want it, they bore a few holes and pump
concrete into the void left under the slab to support it. I assume they
then remove the mechanisms, but maybe they are left in place. I didn't get
their brochure, but you could probably call around in Knoxville TN and look
for slab-jacker and find out which one had this service available.

Alan McKay wrote:

Folks,

I've got a bit of a saggy floor in my 130 year old home, and want to
jack it a bit. I've already had a structural engineer look at it and he
told me what has to be done, but not how to do it.

I've got to put 12 feet of 6" I-beam in, with 3 posts. OK, easy.
I need a good hydralic jack. Ok, easy.

But how to I rig up the jack? Do I have to build up a bunch of
wood (2 pieces this way, 2 pieces at 90 degree, and so on)
until I am high enough where the jack fits in under the ibeam?
Then jack it, adjust the posts?
That seems the obvious way to me.

--
If you can read this .. thank a teacher ..
If you are reading it in English .. thank a soldier too !!

__ Bob __